Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Letting Go: Thoughts Provoked by Veralyn


Another post within the same week!!! I am on a roll, lol! But I couldn’t help it… had to talk about this video blog is saw today. I know I’ve been talking a lot about keeping it moving, but I forgot to mention the “keeping strong” portion.  This is an area that I am working on in my life. Veralyn, the video blogger, discusses the fact that she has had relationships in the past that have gone “back and forth”; she has never severed ties and always kept these people around. Sadly, I am guilty of the same. I think its time that I start to end things when I mean to. If things aren’t working out, I need to leave the situation completely alone and really, truly, END things. No communication, no visitations, no nothing. If we’re done… we’re done! Now Veralyn posses a good question for those who have been able to walk away from their relationships without looking back: Was it hard? Now my question is, what did you do to keep yourself from even lifting a finger to contact them? How did you get yourself to think? Its obviously easy to say “I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore”, but as females we are extremely emotional and sometimes that can cloud our judgment, lol. Looking forward to hearing your responses :) 

Veralyn the Video Blogger

2 comments:

  1. For me personally it has only ever been hard letting go of one person in particular. What helped me was reflecting about everything that went on in the relationship n really thinking about if I was truly happy with that person or not. The worst thing you can do is be with somebody out of loneliness. Its not easy letting someone that you care about go but sometimes you need that space to get perspective on things; plus keeping in contact with them can cloud your judgment. But hey what do I know.... that's just my view on things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you make a lot of sense. Its just hard sometimes for women (well me) because of all the emotions. Sometimes they do stop you from thinking logically about someone. But I agree. Space is needed to weed out those emotions and gain perspective on things.

      Delete